The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) and its physical location called Yiddishland California, both based in San Diego, California, are looking for an Administrative intern. The mission of YAAANA and Yiddishland California is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yiddishlandcalifornia.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us with administrative tasks. The intern will be in charge of handling communications with interns, teachers, and artists, scheduling, creating Word and PDF documents, and other administrative tasks. No knowledge of Yiddish language is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as access to the YAAANA archives. Internships are unpaid, but can be taken for college credit. We offer in-person and remote internships.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
1. Responding to intern inquiries.
2. Communicating with teachers and artists.
3. Scheduling meetings and classes.
4. Assisting with other administrative tasks where necessary.
Work Experience & Skills
1. Exceptional written and oral communication skills
2. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a timely manner.
3. Strong initiative.
4. Familiarity with Jewish culture is a plus.
1. Interns will apply customer service knowledge and skills when responding to email inquiries.
2. Interns will provide administrative support to YAAANA founder and wider team.
3. Interns will assist with event planning and organization.
4. Interns will assist with team meeting planning and secretarial duties.
5. Interns will complete ad hoc administrative duties that may arise.
1. Interns will learn how to appropriately respond to customer inquiries and escalate difficult inquiries.
2. Interns will learn about event planning and implementation.
3. Interns will learn project management skills.
4. Interns will gain knowledge on business operations support.
Full-time: preferably 8, minimum 6 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 40 hours per week.
Part-time: preferably 16, minimum 12 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week.
Longer internships with a less demanding time commitment are available upon request.
If an intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it is their responsibility to check with their academic institution for approval prior to beginning the position.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at: email@example.com. Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.