The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) and its physical location called Yiddishland California, both based in San Diego, California, are looking for an Architecture intern. The mission of YAAANA and Yiddishland California is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yiddishlandcalifornia.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us in the early stages of planning a new living museum in San Diego dedicated to the Yiddish language and culture. The intern will be in charge of assisting in designing a fly-over plan for that project. No knowledge of Yiddish language is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as to the YAAANA archives. Internships are unpaid, but can be taken for college credit. We offer in-person and remote internships.
Key responsibilities and duties
1. Assisting with designing a fly-over animation of our proposed Yiddishland museum.
2. Assisting with researching properties in the San Diego county area.
3. Researching zoning, business, and related regulations.
Work experience & skills
1. Completion of relevant architecture courses.
2. Exceptional animation skills.
3. Interest in helping create a new civic entity for San Diego.
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Strong initiative and creativity.
6. Familiarity with Jewish culture is a plus.
1. Interns will learn methods and processes related to zoning and business research.
2. Interns will forward their knowledge of animation and animation software.
3. Interns will gain a deeper understanding of Jewish culture.
1. Interns will gain proficiency with all aspects of architectural research.
2. Interns will gain further proficiency in animation related activities and objects.
Full-time: preferably 8, minimum 6 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 40 hours per week.
Part-time: preferably 16, minimum 12 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week.
Longer internships with a less demanding time commitment are available upon request.
If an intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it is their responsibility to check with their academic institution for approval prior to beginning the position.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at: firstname.lastname@example.org Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.