The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) and its physical location called Yiddishland California, both based in San Diego, California, are looking for a Social Media Coordinator intern. The mission of YAAANA and Yiddishland California is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yiddishlandcalifornia.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us in developing, coordinating, and growing our social media and online presence. No knowledge of Yiddish language is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as to the YAAANA archives. Internships are unpaid, but can be taken for college credit. We offer in-person and remote internships.
Key responsibilities and duties
1. Communicating with current instructors, teaching candidates and Interns.
2. Scheduling classes and educational events.
3. Promoting classes and educational events on social media platforms.
4. Collaborating with other staff members on intensive Yiddish language and culture programs.
5. Data collection and analysis for program development.
Work experience & skills
1. Exceptional written and oral communication skills
2. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a timely manner.
3. Strong initiative.
4. Familiarity with Jewish culture is a plus.
1. Interns will learn how to develop, implement, and coordinate in-person and virtual classes, events, and
2. Interns will learn how to identify and maintain partnerships with a variety of stakeholders and wider
3. Interns will learn how to communicate effectively with event attendees and program stakeholders.
4. Interns will learn time management and organizational skills.
5. Interns will learn how to troubleshoot issues that frequently arise in event planning and program
1. Interns will be able to implement and coordinate in-person events and workshops.
2. Interns will be able to analyze and collect necessary data to assist with successful future program
3. Interns will be able to successfully communicate with attendees, event hosts and presenters and other
Full-time: preferably 8, minimum 6 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 40 hours per week.
Part-time: preferably 16, minimum 12 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week.
Longer internships with a less demanding time commitment are available upon request.
If an intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it is their responsibility to check with their academic institution for approval prior to beginning the position.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at: email@example.com Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.