The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) and its physical location called Yiddishland California, both based in San Diego, California, are looking for a Grand Writer Fund intern. The mission of YAAANA and Yiddishland California is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yiddishlandcalifornia.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us. No knowledge of Yiddish language is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as to the YAAANA archives. Internships are unpaid, but can be taken for college credit. We offer in-person and remote internships.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
1. Calling organizations/grant givers to inquire about grants.
2. Calling donors such as private individuals and foundations regarding funding.
3. Drafting and submitting grant applications.
Work Experience & Skills
1. Completion of relevant college-level course work, such as progress towards a degree in marketing, finance, or a related field.
2. Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
3. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
4. Strong initiative and creativity.
5. Familiarity with Jewish culture is a plus.
1. Interns will gain experience drafting grant proposals.
2. Interns will further develop their communication skills with individual donors and large corporations alike.
3. Interns will gain a deeper understanding of Jewish Culture.
1. Interns will master the ability to draft grant proposals.
2. Interns will be proficient in producing verbal and written donation requests.
Full-time: preferably 8, minimum 6 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 40 hours per week.
Part-time: preferably 16, minimum 12 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week.
Longer internships with a less demanding time commitment are available upon request.
If an intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it is their responsibility to check with their academic institution for approval prior to beginning the position.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.