The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) and its physical location called Yiddishland California, both based in San Diego, California, are looking for a Social Media Coordinator intern. The mission of YAAANA and Yiddishland California is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yiddishlandcalifornia.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us in developing, coordinating, and growing our social media and online presence. No knowledge of Yiddish language is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as to the YAAANA archives. Internships are unpaid, but can be taken for college credit. We offer in-person and remote internships.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
1. Developing social media content and updating social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) for YAAANA and Yiddishland California on a regular basis.
2. Designing and managing newsletter and other communication.
3. Designing printable marketing materials, such as leaflets.
4. Sending informational emails to partners, donors, subscribers.
Work Experience & Skills
1. Proficiency with social media and MS Office programs.
2. Superior written communication skills.
3. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
4. Strong initiative and creativity.
5. Familiarity with Jewish culture is a plus.
1. Gain further understanding of the role of social media in non-profit organizations outreach methods.
2. Gain experience with creating content for social media.
1. Proficiency in conducting business related social media campaigns.
2. Proficiency in social media content creation and marketing.
Full-time: preferably 8, minimum 6 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 40 hours per week.
Part-time: preferably 16, minimum 12 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week.
Longer internships with a less demanding time commitment are available upon request.
If an intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it is their responsibility to check with their academic institution for approval prior to beginning the position.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at: email@example.com. Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.