The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) and its physical location called Yiddishland California, both based in San Diego, California, are looking for a Social Media Coordinator intern. The mission of YAAANA and Yiddishland California is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yiddishlandcalifornia.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us in developing, coordinating, and growing our social media and online presence. No knowledge of Yiddish language is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as to the YAAANA archives. Internships are unpaid, but can be taken for college credit. We offer in-person and remote internships.
Key responsibilities and duties
1. Developing and maintaining efficient and easy-to-navigate websites for Yiddishland California and Yiddish Theater Academy at https://yiddishlandcalifornia.org/
2. Managing and updating Facebook pages for YAAANA, Yiddishland California, and Yiddish Theater Academy.
Work experience & skills
1. Web design and development experience
2. Proficiency in applications such as WordPress and Adobe Dreamweaver.
3. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
4. Strong initiative and creativity.
5. Familiarity with Jewish culture is a plus.
1. Interns will gain further experience in web development and design with WordPress and other popular website builders and themes such as Divi and Elementor.
2. Interns will gain deep experience via application in other web based development
languages as required.
3.Interns will gain a deeper understanding of Jewish culture.
1. Interns will be able to build and design WordPress websites to an extraordinary degree.
2. Interns will gain knowledge and experience in website optimization and maintenance,
focusing on aspects such as SEO and online marketing
Full-time: preferably 8, minimum 6 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 40 hours per week.
Part-time: preferably 16, minimum 12 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week.
Longer internships with a less demanding time commitment are available upon request.
If an intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it is their responsibility to check with their academic institution for approval prior to beginning the position.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at: email@example.com Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.