The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) and its physical location called Yiddishland California, both based in San Diego, California, are looking for a Social Media Coordinator intern. The mission of YAAANA and Yiddishland California is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yiddishlandcalifornia.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us in developing, coordinating, and growing our social media and online presence. No knowledge of Yiddish language is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as to the YAAANA archives. Internships are unpaid, but can be taken for college credit. We offer in-person and remote internships.
Key responsibilities and duties
1. Take photographs at YAAANA functions
2. Take headshots of individuals
3. Edit photos and upload them to our website and social media.
Work experience & skills
1. Experience with photo editing software, such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom.
2. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a timely manner.
3. Strong initiative and creativity.
4. Familiarity with Jewish culture is a plus.
1. Interns will gain experience with different types of photography.
2. Interns will further develop their photo editing skills.
3. Interns will gain a further understanding of Jewish Culture.
1. Interns will be proficient in all manners of photography from taking the photo to editing it
to posting it for review.
2. Interns can add pictures they took for YAAANA and Yiddishland California to their
Full-time: preferably 8, minimum 6 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 40 hours per week.
Part-time: preferably 16, minimum 12 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week.
Longer internships with a less demanding time commitment are available upon request.
If an intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it is their responsibility to check with their academic institution for approval prior to beginning the position.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at: firstname.lastname@example.org Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.