The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) and its physical location called Yiddishland California, both based in San Diego, California, are looking for a 3D Graphic Arts intern. The mission of YAAANA and Yiddishland California is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yiddishlandcalifornia.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us in designing 3D images for the early stages of a proposed museum of Yiddish language and culture in San Diego County. No knowledge of the Yiddish language is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA and Yiddishland California events and classes as well as to the YAAANA and Yiddishland California archives. Internships are unpaid, but can be taken for college credit. We offer in-person and remote internships.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
1. Designing 3D digital objects and spaces for a flyover video of our proposed Yiddish museum.
2. Assisting architecture interns with the flyover animation.
3. Helping with other miscellaneous tasks when needed.
Work Experience & Skills
1. Intermediate to advanced animation skills, with knowledge of Rhino 7, Sketchup, InDesign, and Tinkercad, or similar programs.
2. Interest in helping create a new civic entity for San Diego.
3. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
4. Strong initiative and creativity.
5. Familiarity with Jewish culture is a plus.
1. Interns will gain further experience with multiple 3D modeling softwares.
2. Interns will gain experience modeling a range of objects, ranging from human figures to
3. Interns will gain a further understanding of Jewish culture.
1. Interns will become proficient with multiple 3D modeling softwares.
2. Interns will have completed pieces that can be added to the intern’s portfolio.
Full-time: preferably 8, minimum 6 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 40 hours per week.
Part-time: preferably 16, minimum 12 week engagement with a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week.
Longer internships with a less demanding time commitment are available upon request.
If an intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it is their responsibility to check with their academic institution for approval prior to beginning the position.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.