Ignite Your Technical Passion and Join Our Dynamic Team!
Are you eager to make a significant impact in the technology sector? Come and be part of a team that celebrates diverse skills, experiences, and perspectives in the field of software development. The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) and its physical location called Yiddishland California, both based in San Diego, California, are looking for App Development interns. The mission of YAAANA and Yiddishland California is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yiddishlandcalifornia.org.
Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA and Yiddishland California events and classes as well as to the YAAANA and Yiddishland California archives. Internships are unpaid, but can be taken for college credit. We offer in-person and remote internships.
Work experience & skills
- For Back End Development Roles
- Have foundational skills in databases, including SQL, MongoDB, Fauna, and other specialized databases.
- Can adapt to new databases or tech stacks based on project needs.
- Understand cloud services such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud and are familiar with various deployment strategies.
- For Front End Development Roles
- Strong skills in CSS and frontend frameworks, especially those with experience in Tailwind CSS.
- Knowledge of multiple web development frameworks, including but not limited to Vue, Next.js, Svelte, and React.
- Expertise in modern front-end technologies, like HTML5 and CSS3.
- An interest or expertise in 3D web experiences, with tools such as three.js being a plus.
- Game development tools such as Unity or Phaser.
- Familiarity with various types of API’s such as REST and GraphQL
What Sets You Apart?
- A strong commitment to lifelong learning and personal growth.
- A genuine enthusiasm for creating impactful projects, beyond just enhancing your portfolio.
- The ability to work independently while maintaining a strong commitment to team goals and collaboration.
- Adaptability and excellent communication skills.
- A flexible approach to problem-solving, acknowledging that no single method suits every challenge.
Full-time: preferably 8 weeks, minimum 6 weeks, engagement with a minimum commitment of 40 hours per week.
Part-time: preferably 16 weeks, minimum 12 weeks, engagement with a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week.
Longer internships with a less demanding time commitment will be considered upon request.
If an intern wishes to receive academic credit for the internship, it is their responsibility to check with their academic institution for approval prior to beginning the position.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
How to Apply
To be considered, please:
- Submit your GitHub profile or another portfolio showcasing your work.
- Share a project or code sample that you’re passionate about, along with a brief discussion of its significance.
- Outline your future goals and what you aim to bring to our team during your time here.
- send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at firstname.lastname@example.org Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.
If you have the drive to innovate and a strong desire to contribute, let’s push the boundaries of what’s possible in software development together!